Pulling your tax information together is always a challenge. Some suggestions include:
* Order a transcript from the IRS of your wage and income activity for the year at: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript (tho current year usually not available til June)
* Review your bank and credit card statements for transactions that may be tax deductible
* Go through your daytimer or on-line calendar for notes regarding events that may affect your taxes
* Use one of our handy spreadsheet tools to help you organize your data:
Whether you need individual or business income taxes, we can help you compile your information and prepare an accurate and timely return. For prior year, amended and all 50 states. Respond to IRS and State taxing authority letters too ~ we have over 28 years of experience, and have the knowledge and expertise to assist you. Any changes in your life or business, such as purchasing property, change of marital status, or employment type (employee vs. independent contractor?) We can help you navigate these changes as they affect your income taxes. Did you know that the IRS estimates the average person will spend 26 hours to prepare their income tax returns? Let us save you time and money by preparing them for you.
Instructions on how to get your tax information to us and a checklist of documents and information:
Our tax intake form collects data we need to prepare your taxes ~ include this with your documents: individual and business
* If you have a small business, this spreadsheet of tools will help you organize your income, expenses, assets and liabilities for tax preparation:
* If you own a rental property, this spreadsheet will help you track your income and expenses
* If you work for a US company overseas, this spreadsheet will help you organize your dates and places
Your income tax information is important and private, and will be handled securely in our offices. We provide FREE electronic filing of your tax return - the safest and fastest way to get your tax information to the IRS and your state. We encourage our clients to take advantage of the IRS direct deposit of refunds, the fastest and best way for those monies to get to you. We use professional tax preparation software ~ Taxwise, a CCH product ~ and have a secure e-signature service that allows you to conveniently review and sign your returns through your email. We are also making available a secure drop box that automatically encrypts your data, and allows you to transmit your documents safely to us. Keeping your data safe is our highest priority. We can help reduce your tax liability and comply with the new tax laws.
You'll find below some forms, spreadsheets, and checklists to help you put your information together and get it to us :
A tax planner to help you compile your information